Monday, June 23, 2008

For Jesus

You're five feet away, but my voice doesn't carry that far
My heart cries out, but cannot be heard beyond the crowd
And Jesus... I'm begging you to save me
To reach out and rebuild this broken life

To many days I've wasted, waiting for nothing more than loss
Every sin in a day is nailed upon that holy cross
Oh Jesus
Take this broken life, and make me more like you
It's been about me for to long
Now I'm giving it back to you

No more tears, at least for the moment
I don't want to fall, again
Please here my voice, let me know that I'm not alone
My life will be for you
Once again!

You're the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end
My Savior is everything and so much more
Why did you die, for me?
But Lord, I thank you for opening this locked door

No comments: