Tuesday, January 8, 2008

It's a head on collision

No really. I've been pretty uninspired lately... I was at a writers block until five minutes ago. I was packing my backpack ad I saw my Bible in there. I prayed to God, "Lord please inspire me to write..." I got that far and the verse Isaiah 22:3 popped into my head. I mean... I knew God knows my thoughts, but that was hardcore. It was like... whoosh. It goes something like this... "All your leaders have fled together, they have been captured without using the bow. All you who were caught were taken prisoner together, having fled while the enemy was still far away." Now I knew what I was going to write the moment I read it. I was like, dude... no way. We all run away from our problems so quickly if there is an escape route, but it's almost like we're running towards our problems! Don't things seem to hit you more quickly by trying to flee? Maybe it's just me, I have no idea. That was a prophecy about Jerusalem. They were trying to run from the enemy, but got caught that much sooner. If running doesn't work, try God.And that never seems to work. We've got to greet our ordeals face to face. A line in Isaiah 14:2 says "They will make captives of the captors and rule over their oppressors." When we face our problems... that's what is going to happen. We will overcome them and stand high over evil. Isaiah 14:7 says "The lands are at rest and at peace; they break into singing." So basically... you're going to be overly happy about it. Once you deal with your problems... things are pretty snazzy! Say a silent 'yay!' now. Please don't run, but turn and stand on the battle field ready to fight.

No comments: