Monday, January 28, 2008

The not so great compromise

I find myself trying to compromise with God all the time. I pray to do better when I know in my heart that I'm going to do it again. I basically say to myself "I'll do this, then ask God to forgive me" which is the WRONG thing to do. What kind of chosen people(1 Peter 2:9) are we if we're going to preach the Good News then do the opposite. A lot of us as Christians are a bunch of hypocrites, we don't do what we tell other people to. It's probably my biggest problem. I love to help people, but I really couldn't because I was so far away from God. It's like I was letting Satan further and further inside my heart. The heart I had claimed belonged to God was pretty much being handed off to the Devil. I knew I had to fix something and learn to speak up about what was going on, I hated being so far from God. I prayed to Him for the words to speak, and he gave them to me and helped me find the courage to get it out. If we keep everything inside it's going to fester and begin to tear us apart slowly. Scripture says to obey God's word. So quit doing what you're doing, take up the cross and follow Jesus.

Do what you know in your heart is right,
Emily Elizabeth

No comments: