Saturday, May 3, 2008

I have found my silver lining in Jesus

For a while now, my life has been nothing but messing up and asking for forgiveness from God. It's exhausting, following the same pattern every week... never making things right like you've been telling yourself you would. Hawk Nelson has a song with a line in it that says "Nothing from nothing gets you nothing at all", and while that song in general has nothing to do with what I'm going through, the line does. I've been struggling a lot with the same sin, and I kept telling myself that I wanted out of it... but I kept going back to it. In my heart (though it may damage the image some people have of me), I never wanted to sever all ties with it. A couple of weeks ago, I met my breaking point: get away from this sin... or die inside. God gave me a smack in the face then and made me realize that I was tearing apart the piece of art that He had made me.Where had my real faith gone? Why did I follow Satan's path, when I had proclaimed my love of Jesus Christ only a few years before? I don't have any bible verses for you in this blog... but God told me to write about it. Is the person you are now, the person you want to be? I've finally let go of what held me so tightly... and the silver lining has appeared. Just putting your heart in the hands of God changes things so dramatically that it feels like you can breathe better, see better, believe in more things... just let it go, once and for all.

This is for the anyone who has gone through the same thing.

1 comment:

T-Dawg said...

It's really good that you listened to God and put this message out there. I know how hard it is to admit that you have a problem with a certain type of sin in your life, but, left inside a sin will tear you apart. I'm really proud of you for listening to God and if you ever need someone to talk to about anything I'll do my best to be there for you. And even if I'm not there, of even if I can't do anyhting, Jesus will always be there for you. by the way, my email is narutofan0402@hotmail.com so if you ever want to just send me an email I'll remember to check it every day just in case you send a message.