Saturday, December 8, 2007

Ready, Set, heave for breath

I learned something today while I was running. Yes, running. I need to get into shape. Round isn't exaclty my shape even though I pull it off nicely. Anyway, I was running and I realized that my heart isn't ready for it. Literally. I've never been the girl to go running just because I love it. I run if I need to get into shape, am running from someone, or am running towards something (Like the ice cream shop, haha.) Since I've never been a keen runner, I don't have the endurance to keep running. My muscles are weak and my lungs aren't prepared for that kind of thing. I mean, it would've helped to have eaten something before, but I didn't really think of that because I'm really suppose to be blonde... That was like 30 minutes ago and now I feel really healthy. Like I can breathe better and my heart is all YAY. It's like that whenever we try something different that might take a little out of us. The good stuff, nothing illegal! Standing up for your faith is REALLY similar to that. It's tough at first, but as you work through it, it gets a little easier as time goes on. A good verse to remember is James 1:3-4, "Because you know that testing of your faith developes perseverance. Perseverance must finsih its work so that you maybe be mature and complete, not lacking anything." Standing up for Jesus and your beliefs is testing your faith and therefore developing perseverance! There's a verse somewhere that says "Run the race to win" which is what we need to do. We're not here to try and backdown when our hearts are under pressure. We're here to give our all for Christ! God gave his only son to die for us and to let us live a good life, not so that we can go "I believe in Jesus" and then sit on our butts all day. If you can run the race in real life, can you run the race for Christ?

No comments: