Wednesday, December 5, 2007

So sick of the worries, so sick of the pain

Project SOS came to my school the other day, and they really had me thinking about self-worth. So many people turn to sex, drugs, and alcohol to feel important. In the end it makes them feel worse. One of my favorite Bible verses is Psalms 139:13-14 which says "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful and I know that full well." God made you with care and he made you to be the amazing person you are now! Ecclesiastes 11:10 says "So then, banish anxiety from your heart and cast all the troubles off your body, for youth and vigor are meaningless." Going out and partying isn't going to take the pain you feel away. Taking the pain out on your body by cutting and drinking is going to make everything worse. I need you to remember those verses; write them down something! I hate seeing people I care about sad and turning to awful things. I'm begging you to pray to God that you figure out how amazing you are. I know it, and I'm hoping that you can see it one day.

I'm so sick of the worries
So sick of the pain
So tired of waiting for a light in the rain
I'm praying to God to open my eyes
To see the person I am without all the lies
Just tell me the truth
I need nothing else
Am I beautiful? Am I great?
Do you love me or do you hate?
Leave the sugercoated truth on the curb
Give me the truth, I need to know
It'll make me stonger
It can't bring me down

God bless all of you,
Emily

1 comment: