Monday, November 26, 2007

Music is good for the soul

Music has saved my life more than once in the past. About 2 years ago I was at a point where I thought God didn't care about me and that he wasn't real. I was at an all time low and I kept debating. Relient K was my favorite band at the time and their music was full of Godly praises but I thought 'How can I listen to this music if I don't believe in God?' I didn't want to give up my favoirte band for a stupid decision. I listened to the songs like 'Getting into You', 'For the Moments I feel Faint', 'Over Thinking', and 'Wake up call' and thought how foolish I'd be to give eternal life. Songs like that made me think about how you can be at an all time low and God is there, you just have to ask for His help. You may think it's sad that music was the deciding factor of my faith then, but I'm thankful that God gave me it.What does your music Say about you? My music says that I love God and want to praise him. Music can define a person and music has the power to change the world if we let it. Music has also helped me through some tough times when I thought I couldn't make it. Music that praised God and spoke of how He saves you made me stronger. Bands like: Barlow Girl, Super Chic[k], Toby Mac, Stellar Kart, Run Kid Run, EleventySeven, Pillar, Sanctus Real, The Rocket Summer, Skillet, Relient K, and so many! They can be great to listen to but their songs can also help you to feel better. Maybe you should pick up one of their albums, I hope they can help you like they helped me.

No comments: