Sunday, November 4, 2007

And the lies just tumble out

Lying is the easiest thing to do. It gets you out of a tough situation. It hides your emotion. It makes your life seem OK. I realized earlier how easy it is to lie. My sister had yelled at me about something, and it just added to the pile of hurt on my heart. I just went to my room and cried and cried. I came out and my other sister asked me if I was okay, and I said that I was and that I was just tired. The moment I said it, I wished I could gobble those words back up. I want to tell people that I cry every night, but I don't want to be repeating the past. It's the same thing over and over. We just cover things up in lies, and sometimes we start to believe them. The truth gets buried in lies, and it's hard to find sometimes. Try to tell the truth, even if it hurts or if it seems inappropriate. The truth is always better, it sets things in the right direction even if it seems to mess things up at the moment. I have a t-shirt that says this: 'Truth is not Relative. Truth is Truth.' Think about it. I'm going to challenge myself and you not to lie for 24 hours. Think it sounds easy? Try it. It could be one of the hardest things you ever do.

No comments: