Monday, November 5, 2007

Dude, you have a cheerleader!

Open your bible, go ahead. Read the first thing you see and try to connect it to your life. It works for me, even if not for you. Bad example. I don't know if this works for everyone, poop. ANYWAY. I stumbled upon this little goodie when I flipped open to the book of Daniel. So this guy (Daniel...) is all like this in chapter 10:16-17 "And suddenly, one having the likeness of the sons of men touched my lips; then I opened my mouth and spoke saying to him who stood before me, 'My lord, because of the vision my sorrows have overwhelmed me, and I have retained no strength. For how can this servant of the lord talk with you, my lord. As for me, no strength remains in me now, nor is any breathe left in me' " Honestly, that is one of the only verses I've read in Daniel, so I'm hazy on what's going on. You're totally might be thinking "Hypocrite" but oh well. ANYWAY. I think we all feel like the sometimes, like we're not worthy of anything. Especially not worthy of the grace which God has given us. We see things that make us so sad, and we just feel like poop about it. We beat ourselves up about everything! Verse 18-19 says this: "Then again, the one having the likeness of a man touched me and strengthened me. And he said 'O man greatly beloved, fear not! Peace be with you; be strong, yes, be strong!' " God is ALWAYS there. When we're feeling downright awful, he's there giving us encouragement. I know how it feels to want to give up, but God is like a cheerleader for us! Seriously, if you had someone following you around giving you encouragement, do you think you'd be more brave? It's how it goes when we turn our lives over to God. It's is so SPIFFY. So when you want to fall, be strong as God wants us to be.

No comments: