Friday, November 16, 2007

No excuses for a chosen people

Throughout history and nowadays, many Christians are discouraged because they think they're not worthy of God. The truth is, we're not. Not even close to being worthy, in fact. But here's a little tidbit of coolness: "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light" -1 Peter 2:9. Basically, we are God's people and he wants us to turn our lives over to him. John 3:16 says this, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone who believes in Him should perish but have everlasting life." It's for real, God loves us that much and wants us to be happy and have eternal life. It's your choice, God doesn't want to make us into puppets. A lot of people are going to offer up excuses as to why they can't praise God or spread his word a lot like Moses and Jeremiah did at first. But if you put God in control, he's going to help you. He's not into leaving you a flopping fish on the banks of a river. Jeremiah 1:4-9 goes like this: "Then the word of the Lord came to me saying:
'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born a sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.' Then I said: 'Ah, Lord God! Behold I cannot speak, for I am a youth.' But the Lord said to me: 'Do not say, "I am a youth," For you shall go to all to whom I send you, And whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do Not be afraid of their faces, For I am with you to deliver you,' Says the Lord. Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me: 'Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.'" You see, God is going to to help us to witness to others, he's not going to send you out without helping you! It doesn't matter how young you are at all! You're God's chosen people!!! "Get out and do what we were meant to do"-Super Chic[k]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.