Sunday, November 18, 2007

A little Advice

This is for the girls, please read it all.
We all know that 75% of the time, it seems that most guys are really perverted. Don't you find yourself asking "Why are guys so perverted?" I know I do ALL the time. Part of it is from the media, but us girls play a big part in it too. Most of us think we dress and act perfectly fine and that we're all that a million half caf double mocha lattes. But did you ever think that how you dress and act gives way to guys being so perverted? Sometimes they can't help it, they just happen to be pretty visual. Sometimes it's not easy for them to keep their minds out of the gutter because of what girls wear. A lot of girls dress half-dressed, wearing things that make other girls blush! Don't you wish some guys would treat you with more respect?It's hardly fair of girls to make guys have to take cold showers all the time. A t-shirt from Stand-True Ministries says "Modesty Honors Beauty" and I totally believe that. Beauty should come from who you are inside. I know that it's really dark in squishy in there, but I'm talking metaphorically. And you probably hear that all the time, but it's true. Do you want a guy to like you because you have big boobs or because you have an awesome personality? I'm going out on a limb here and thinking you want them to like you for your personality? Matthew5:8 says "Blessed are the pure at heart, For they shall see God." Girls, you make it hard for guys to stay pure at heart when you advertising what your momma gave you. Take my advice, cover everything up you don't want your great great grandma seeind and you'll be good. Respect guys and keep their minds out of the gutter. Please don't dress and act in ways that are going to make them stumble.

Your awesome sister in Christ,
Emily

2 comments:

Angela Schimanski (korber) said...

Emily..I was/am truly impressed with the powerful words that you've written. I myself must totally agree with what you stated in your blog, great job. It is up to us parents to teach our children to respect themselves and to not intice others with what we wear or with what we say. If we truly claim to be Christian, which means christ like, then we represent the king of kings and Lord of Lords, and I really truly doubt that our father dresses or acts in such mannerism. I am a firm believer in teaching our young ladies to respect themselves by dressing and acting in a proper and respectful mannerism. I am very proud of what you have written. Tell your father for me that he and your Mom did a great job at raising you. He'll remember me with the last name of Korber, via high-school.
Keep up the great work, and let me tell you, you ARE a TRUE soldier for the Lord.
In Christ Jesus,
Angela

rgeatches said...

Emily, I totally agree with you. I believe the world is in the condition it is in because our morals have went down the drain, sex is everywhere & unfortunately, that is what sells now a days.. there is a difference between sexy & slutty. If you are leaving nothing to the imagination, you are pretty much over the line..even some of the stuff you see on myspace is over the line & available to young boys.. I have seen their pics on their friends on boys as young as 12.. their age listed is under 18. You have such a good spirit, you spread the word & teach at the same time.. I know your parents are proud of you. Keep preaching the gospel & spreading the word.. I know our Heavenly Father is proud as well.