Wednesday, October 3, 2007

It's doing nothing for your soul

Okay, the other night I was looking for something to wear, but all of my jeans were dirty from my lack of laundry washing... So I go to my sisters room to borrow something. She's like a twig, but all of her jeans are my size, because she's weird like that. Anyway, I found a great pair of jeans that would go over my big hips. BUT... I bend over to pick something up... and the seat of those jeans ripped. A hole about the size of my hand too. Now that makes a girl feel big. You might be wondering why I would tell you this, since it obviously is kinda embarrassing.... I don't really care. I spent a good hour calling myself fat and wishing I was a size 4 instead of a size 9. It was bring me down in all ways: Spiritually, physically and emotionally. Then my sister who was reading a Justin Lookadoo book read a Bible verse he put in it. Romans 8: 16-17. It talks about how we are children of God, and so heirs of God. Since he is the King of Kings... we must be princes and princesses. And when princess rip their jeans, the king makes it okay. And then no one really cares. If you make a big deal out of ripping your jeans, then everyone else does. But calling yourself fat really isn't solving anything at all. It's hurting you, in fact. God made you a certain way, and he love you no matter what you look like. Psalms 139 13-14 says this: "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" God created you as a work of art, and calling yourself and others fat and stuff like it is making fun of his creations. True beauty starts in your heart. Faith makes you a beautiful person, inside and out. And God's love makes your beauty glow. He looks past whats on the outside to our hearts. So even if its a rip in your jeans because you have a big butt or if it's a zit in the middle of your forhead, remember that you are loved always by a King and a Father.

1 comment:

Penguin said...

you're not fat, at all
you're perfect little girl
o.O
and those jeans fit me fine